Determining A Fair Spousal Support Solution
Washington Law determines maintenance (also called alimony or spousal support). The statute sets out specific factors the court must consider when making an award of maintenance. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Does a party have a need for maintenance?
2. Does the other party have the ability to pay maintenance?
3. The marital standard of living.
4. The assets and debts of the parties.
5. The length of the couple's marriage.
6. The age and health of the parties.
7. Whether one parent delayed seeking employment or education to raise children.